Relocating can be a real hassle. We get local Coachella Valley home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m moving and need to sell my house in Palm Springs“. Coachella Valley Homebuyers helps a good many of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we’ve bought hundreds of houses in Coachella Valley CA for over 20 years, and we continue doing so right now!
Details and logistics and certainly be overwhelming, plus dealing with whatever is making you move in the first place – (new job, sick relative, military), but it almost always accompanies drastic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is hot and inventory in Coachella Valley is low, things can change in the blink of an eye. Every week we hear horror stories, and if the market is peaking, which many think it is, waiting too long can turn catastrophic.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Coachella Valley CA house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Palm Springs area… Your Options And Steps
- Determine your house’s approximate market value: Just give us a call or a text and we can give you a no-cost no-obligation valuation on your property. Once you have an idea of what the house may sell for in the current market you have a starting point.
- Determine your timeframe: This is a biggie. We’ve seen homeowners move out of state for a job, procrastinated selling, and then values dropped considerably. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. If you don’t want to keep your house in “show ready” condition and have strangers and looky-lu’s traipsing through the property… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate what you would net (after commissions) vs. “waiting it out”: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But most homeowners don’t accurately figure all of the costs involved in waiting such as upkeep (vacant houses tend to develop problems that don’t occur when there are occupants). The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent). This totals $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000. But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees)…Make sense?
- Act!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Coachella Valley CA agent. We have been in the Palm Springs area for over 20 years and we know all of the top reputable local Realtors, we’d be happy to give you a recommendation. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property that is “show-ready”, you might want to test the market by listing it at a high price, but you don’t want to make the mistake of leaving it there too long because a long time on the market can give the illusion to a potential buyer that something may be wrong with the property. There is no scientific “exact” value of a property, so if you do list high make sure and monitor activity and don’t leave it at that price for more than 2-3 weeks unless you are getting multiple showings and lots of interest, and an actual offer seems imminent.
If you are open to the idea of renting it, you can actually concurrently list it for sale and for rent.
The bottom line is that we LOVE helping people solve complicated problems so don’t hesitate to call or text us at 760-849-8115.
Who Is Coachella Valley Home Buyers And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Coachella Valley?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Palm Springs area home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Coachella Valley community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Coachella Valley real estate, so please feel free to call us at 760-849-8115 and chat with us anytime.